Summary of Deepbridge Innovation SEIS
The Deepbridge Innovation SEIS offers investors an opportunity to secure potentially attractive returns by investing in a portfolio of seed-stage innovation companies, whilst taking advantage of the considerable income tax, capital gains tax, and inheritance tax benefits available under the Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme.
Our aim is to provide investors with access to a portfolio of investee companies aligned with investors’ goals and ambitions.
Providing seed investment to emerging technology-focused companies, the Deepbridge Innovation SEIS seeks to fund selected Investee Companies that possess an exciting new innovative approach to meet the existing and emerging requirements and demands of both corporate and consumer markets. The
overarching focus of the Deepbridge Innovation SEIS is to offer investors exposure to companies engaged in a variety of technologies, including:
- Energy and resource innovation.
- Medical technologies and diagnostics.
- Business enterprise information technology.
- Data analytics.
- Transport & automotive innovation.
- Instrumentation and control technologies.
- Advanced materials and manufacturing.
- Robotics, machine learning, and artificial intelligence.
We also offer a Life Sciences SEIS fund, for more details on this click here.
In order to provide investors with the best possible outcomes, the investment strategy of the Deepbridge Innovation SEIS is for subscriptions to be invested in a portfolio of Investee Companies (subject to minimum allocation per Investee Company) that exhibit some or all of the following qualities:
- Significant market potential with clear and demonstrable consumer or commercial need or demand;
- Innovation-driven solutions that have the potential to create new market segments or displace current market offerings;
- Companies that utilise a technology-derived platform and/or an innovative approach to meet a newly-identified or existing market or consumer demand; Technology-driven opportunities that possess a clear and realistic path to the delivery of a minimum viable product or prototype;
- A clearly defined strategy aimed at preserving and protecting intellectual property;
- Passionate, energetic and experienced founding team; and
- Clear exit strategy to be implemented within a minimum of 5 years with alignment of founder interests with the shareholders.
Deepbridge takes an active role (not just a Board seat) to guide, mentor and counsel the investee management team. The provision of hands-on operational experience combined with financial expertise can materially mitigate the investment risk borne by the Investor, along with comprehensive due diligence on investee companies.
Alternative Investment Fund
HMRC Advance Assurance
Received before deployment into companies
Usually 6 monthly
200p for every 100p invested
5 – 6 years minimum
The Investment Team
Our Innovation SEIS investment team is dedicated to providing expert guidance and mentoring to our portfolio companies. At least one member of Deepbridge will take a board position in all our investee companies, ensuring they have an active and hands-on role in the development of the company. Further to this, our investment team is responsible for the extensive vetting and due-diligence of prospective investee companies that are seeking funding.
Dr. Savvas Neophytou
Partner & Chief Investment Officer
There are no management charges levied on the investor at the point of investment for subscriptions received by a financial adviser, resulting in up to 100% allocation of subscription. This ensures up to 100% tax efﬁciency for investors. Deepbridge fees are paid by the Investee Companies and are disclosed in the Information Memorandum.
Please note that for direct investors (i.e. those that subscribe without a financial adviser involved), an additional charge of 2.5% including VAT will be deducted from the subscription to cover Deepbridge's costs associated with verifying the appropriateness of the Deepbridge EIS application.
Performance fee: an incentive fee of 20% of cash returned, in excess of 150% of the funds invested.
For clarification, once the Investor has received in cash the first 150 pence per 100 pence invested (ignoring any tax relief and representing a 50% Hurdle Rate on funds invested), any additional distributable cash will be paid as to 80% to the Investor and 20% to Deepbridge.
Independent reviews are available upon request.